J.R.s 31st Birthday

I've been meaning to write this post forever and I'm just getting around to it now. Better late then never!

For J.R.’s birthday in April we went to a driving range called Top Golf with our best friends, and we had so much fun together!



(So sad this picture is blurry.)


We made these plans a few days before J.R.’s birthday, and when we woke up the morning of his big day, it was snowing. The last week in April and it was snowing! I was so worried that the weather would ruin our plans. Thank goodness, Top Golf has climate controlled “bays” for us to play out of, so we were still able to go and have fun.

Top Golf is a unique “high tec” range. From what I’ve been told, there are little sensors in each golf ball and they are able to track which “target” you hit the ball into. Which allows you to earn points for accuracy and distance.

I’ve only ever been miniature golfing so I felt intimated going to a “real” range. I even had to ask J.R. how to hold the golf clubs. As clueless as I am when it comes to golf though, I still had fun.
(Apparently, I swinging the club like a softball bat. Haha)







Anyways, I’m not sure if you can see in the picture, but there are different targets that you aim for and each target has a different point value depending on what kind of “game” your group is playing.

It was a special day, not only because it was J.R.’s birthday, but also because it was the start of the second trimester of my pregnancy.  Whoo hoo! J.R. was so excited to start telling all of our friends and neighbors.


It wouldn't be a birthday party without dessert! We ordered the donut holes to snack on in between taking our swings. They come with different “syringes” that allow you to insert chocolate or cream into the donuts. It was messy, but so delicious! 



                        

We also ordered the chocolate chip cookie s'mores. You can't go wrong here.


                       


These two guys have been friends for decades. (They're more like brothers than friends.) And it's always a good time when we get together.





J.R. says that his birthday could only have been better if we'd all gone to Disneyland together. (Haha!)  Maybe one day the four of us will get there. 

Here's to another year of good friends and fun times together. Happy Birthday J.R.! 



No comments