Rose Canyon

I'm so glad that my family keeps this spicy redhead girl around. 




Chelsea, Colten, and I took her, Little Black, and Scuba Steve out on 
an autumn adventure to Rose Canyon.
Scuba Steve, Little Black, and Penny


I had never been to Rose Canyon before. In my opinion, it's more of a desert mountain range than a forest mountain range (if that makes any sense.) I think it would be too hot for my liking during the summertime, but it was perfect during these fall temperatures. The trail was muddy in some places, but the changing leaves where beautiful.



We rode around, eventually making our way to the peak of the mountain. It was incredibly beautiful at the top. We could see all the way down into the Salt Lake Valley, and then across the mountain range over to Mt. Timpanogos in Utah Valley.


Check out those snow capped mountains in the back



While we were up there, we met some friendly hikers who told us how they were training for a hiking marathon in Hawaii. Crazy huh?



During one part of the ride, Penny and I were behind Chelsea who was riding Little Black, when we got to a sketchy part of the trail near the top of the mountain. It was steep and the mud was thick. Penny (who has mainly spent her life in an arena) was very tired at this point. So I decided to dismount and help lead her up the trail to a more dry area. Just then Little Black started to lose her footing in the mud and began sliding back down towards me and Penny. Luckily - everyone stayed calm and Little B was able to power through to a better, safer part of the trail. It got our heart racing, but no-one got hurt. 


Later, Colten humbly points out to Chelsea and me how his mule, Scuba Steve, managed the trail like a champ and had no problems at all. He didn't even break a sweat.

Haha (We know. We know. Mules rule the mountains.)


Here's a picture showing how Scuba Steve felt about the ride.




Seriously though, I'm so grateful for these little adventures 
that I get to experience with my family and friends.









No comments