June and July 2016


This June, J.R. and our best friends surprised me by taking me to my first-ever concert.

The four of us were out to dinner when a waitress come up to our table and asked, "Are you Candace?" I was completely shocked when she handed me a blank envelope and said, "Someone wants you to have this." and then walked away. 

My heart pounded in my chest as I held the envelope in my hand and wondered what could be inside of it and who would have sent it? 

When I finally opened the envelope I realized it was four tickets to the Jason Aldean Concert! That my husband and our two best friends had bought to surprise me with. It was seriously one of the sweetest/funniest things that have happened to me.   




The concert was completely sold out and it was insane! 

Jason Aldean had Thomas Rhett and a Thousand Horses open for him. They all performed so well. I had been told multiple times that seeing an artist perform live was a let-down because they never sound as good as they do on the radio - so not true! They all rocked. 





The only bad thing about the concert was how many people where there; and it seemed like everyone was drunk. As Jason sang his encore, we all decided to try and leave before the drunk drivers got on the road. 

We got out of the parking lot and were headed north when we noticed a Dodge Charger pulled off the side of the road. Next thing we knew the Charger lunged toward a group of four or five people and literally ran them over! Then shot out into the oncoming traffic lane (which no cars were driving on because everyone was leaving the concert) and speed off at like 80 mile per hour. There were no cops or crowd control of any kind. Other pedestrians helped the people who had been ran over and we called 911 for an ambulance. 

It was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed. No-one died, but it still put a damper on the whole experience and I've kinda lost my desire to ever go to a concert again. 


On a brighter note, my sister, niece, and I went to the Blackridge Reservoir one afternoon in June. This is a small body of water in the City of Herriman nick named, "The Herriman Beach."

Now, when I hear the word reservoir I think of a lake -but this place is more like a pond.










Anyways, the city trucked in tons and tons of sand to create a white beach around the pond. It's a pretty popular place, especially on the weekends, so if you plan on coming here I'd recommend going on a weekday.

We played in the sand and shallow water and soaked up the sun on our beach towels. Afterwards we stopped for Hawaiian shaved iced. It was the perfect summer day.


She's the cutest little thing.

To be honest though, this summer hasn't been that great. 

Have you ever heard of Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease? I hadn't heard of it until this July. 

It's a disease most people get when they're kids,  kind of like the Chicken Pox. Except instead of itchy spots, you get painful blisters on your hands, feet, and in your mouth.  Although, just like the chicken pox, it's highly contagious and there is no medicine they can give you to cure it. It just has to run it course - which is about a week long. I got it first (from my nephew) and then J.R. came down with it a week later. 

I'll spare you the gross pictures, but J.R.'s feet looked like he had some sort of leprosy. 

He'd asked me one day, "How do the bottoms of my feet look?" 
I told him honestly, "You have Walking Dead feet. They look like zombie feet." 

It was horrible.

We watched sooo mannny movies during this time though. Here's a small list of what I remember: 

- Back to the Future
- The Bourne Trilogy including: Bourne Identity, Bourne Supermacy, Bourne Ultimatum and the newly released Jason Bourne
- Romancing The Stone  
- Remember the Titans 
- The Ascent of Woman (A Netflix documentary) 
- Far and Away 
- The Avengers Age of Ultron
- Simon Birch
- The Goonies 

Plus a few more that I can't remember right now.  

Then about a week after we started feeling better from HFM, we both got a really bad case of the stomach flu. It completely wiped us out for four days. (And there is only one bathroom in our house - let me tell you how wonderful that was.)  

Next thing we knew - three weeks of July had come and gone. 

But it's half way through August right now and we've done our best to make up for all the lost time! Those are some adventures I'll have to write about in a different post though - so stay tuned.  

***

How's your summer been so far??


1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh I cannot believe that story of that person running all those people over!!! I hope they were all ok. That is seriously just crazy! I love going to concerts, but there are always crazy people wherever you go. I think the tamest crowd was at the Josh Groban concert I went to with my grandma, haha. But I mean Jason Aldean that's just asking for trouble, haha! But really though I've seen him in concert and he is way good. Hopefully witnessing those people getting run over didn't ruin your concert experience forever! Dierks Bentley is coming to Utah soon and I want to go see him! I'm guessing your a country music fan??

    ReplyDelete