Lucky List 7

These posts are titled, "Lucky List." They're just small moments throughout the week that made me happy - moments that I feel lucky to have experienced.



-This is my favorite time of year! Our neighbor had two mares give birth this week, and another is due any day. It's amazing how close these babes stay to their mommas. Watching them explore the world and interact with each other is the best.








-I'm loving all the flowers and blossoms on the trees. 
We took sometime to walk around temple square to admire their gardens and flower beds. I love their flowers more than their Christmas lights display. 



                   
-J.R. and I made chocolate cover strawberries. They were totally worth the time and the mess.

-We also enjoyed eating steak and grilled shrimp at home. I swear J.R. grills for us at least three times a week.

-I also scored an amazing deal on some new jeans. I was able to get a new pair of $90 dollar jeans for $16!

-My little sister bought a new bow, and she let me play with it. I had never shot a compound bow before, but after the first shot I was addicted. It really is so much fun. 
She let me practice shooting until I could actually hit the target I was aiming at. I need to keep working on my arm strength though! Its quite the workout and I had a hard time pulling back the 40 pound draw. 


                        

(ps. Don't judge my outfit. I was wearing cute wedges before putting my boots on.) 


-Lastly, this song and music video. Kip Moore's "Running For You." (J.R. and I are really into Kip Moore's music lately.) I had listened to this song on iTunes and just liked it, but once I saw the music video I was in love with it.



                                          

(Click the link below if the video won't work for you)


***

What's making you happy lately? 

4 comments

  1. Awwww, HORSIES!!! What beautiful pictures--thanks so much for sharing.

    Also, I love your outfit! I think you look adorable with the boots :)

    Hope you're having a great week--and thanks for sharing the song! I haven't heard of Kip Moore (but I'm kind of out of touch these days, lol).

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! That foal is gorgeous, add the chocolate covered strawberries, steak, flowers and I'm happy just thinking about theme

    P.s, I used your prayer on the chair and it worked great! No sign of ghostly activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those horses, those flowers. To see these beauties are enough reason to feel lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horses are absolutely adorable! How fun that you get to watch the babies interact with the world :) The flowers are gorgeous as well! I have always wanted to shoot a compound bow but have never really had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete