Ice Fishing at Scofield Reservoir

Ice fishing has been on my bucket list for a few years now, and thanks to my brother-in-law and his parents, I'm finally able to check it off.

We had so much fun with them on Scofield Reservoir, and just look at how cute my little nephew is!









The temperature has been warming up lately so I was really worried about going out on the ice, but
the guys started drilling with the auger it was easy to see the ice was still almost two feet thick.

Although, around four in the afternoon -when the temperature had been rising- we heard a booming sound and our chairs and feet started to vibrate.
Wide-eyed and alarmed I asked, "What was that?"
"It's just the top layers of ice flexing and cracking. It's no big deal." was the reply.
I still felt a little uneasy though. Every ten minutes or so we'd hear that booming sound and feel the ice beneath us vibrate. To me it sounded almost like drums, it was a strange experience.

We didn't catch any fish, but we still really enjoyed ourselves. We ate junk food, took turns riding the snowmobile, and helped another group of fishermen when their hut blew over. It was a lot of fun just spending time together with our family, and my little nephew loved every minute of it - especially watching the snowmobiles.


                                  


It was the perfect way to say farewell to the winter season. I'm already looking forward to fishing again this summer because we still need to break J.R.'s fishing curse!

1 comment

  1. This is so much fun!! Where is Scofield Reservoir?

    ReplyDelete