Hatch Family Chocolates

                       
I love hot chocolate.  Nothing's better on a frigid cold day than a steaming cup of cocoa. Besides chocolate cake, my favorite way to get my chocolate fix is by drinking it. So, I've made it one of my life goals to find the best cup of hot chocolate this world has to offer. 

I'd read a few articles online saying that The Hatch Family Chocolate shop offers an amazing cup of chocolate, so of course I had to go see for myself. (Just so you know, this is NOT a sponsored post. I'm just freely sharing my chocolate journey with you.) 

Now, I've ordered hot chocolate from many restaurants and a few cafes but never from a chocolate shop, so I didn't know what to expect - but my hopes were high. 





You guys, it did not disappoint! 

The hot chocolate is made by steaming their chocolate in a machine until it's drinkable. See how frothy and fluffy it looks in the cup? Soo good!

 And that whip cream is more like a soft scoop of cold ice cream. Except it melted so so slowly, meaning you could taste the whip cream throughout the entire drink.  J.R. and I shared this cup and I still left feeling sick to my stomach. (In the best way possible, but I don't even want to know how many calories I drank.) 

                                



Of course, we couldn't go to a chocolate shop and not try some of their hand dipped chocolates.
We decided on six different chocolates, and took them home to enjoy when our sugar high from the hot chocolate came crashing down.

The chocolates we chose were: the peanut butter truffle, strawberry cream, lemon cream, milk chocolate cream, milk chocolate truffle, and a mint cream. My absolute favorite was the peanut butter truffle. It has a sprinkling of sea salt across the top, and the texture of the peanut butter was amazing. J.R.'s favorite was the strawberry.


                               


So was this the best cup of hot chocolate I've ever had? Probably.

But I'm not calling it quits on my life goal; I still think there's a better cup of chocolate out there somewhere.  Do you know where I can find the best cup of hot chocolate? Or do you have a favorite hot chocolate recipe? 


1 comment

  1. Wow, that hot chocolate sounds amazing! I love hot chocolate that is rich and super chocolaty, so that sounds wonderful. Now you've got me craving hot chocolate!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete