More Than a Beautiful Life.

Carolyn Costin

I admire women who have style and class, and I appreciate artistic photos and designs.
But I believe there is too much emphasis placed on beauty.

Am I saying it's bad to want to look good? Not at all! We all want to feel confident in who we are;  but who we are is more than a body and clothes, and more than our makeup and hair. 

I believe who we are is something that is felt more than seen. It's not easily labeled or photographed, but that doesn't make it less important. 
Some of the best things in life - some of the best things about you - can't be captured in a photo.

We all know that life online is a fragment of the real, breathing, and bleeding life we live outside of the internet. Life online is framed, polished, beautiful, and misleading.

My feed is saturated with specific types of blogs; the most popular ones showing me how to make my life more beautiful: the DIY Home Decor Blogs teaching me how to make my home beautiful, the Fashion Bloggers showing the prettiest fashion styles of the season, the Beauty Blogs with tutorials on how to style my hair and makeup so I can improve my look, the Travel Blogs showcasing beautiful places from around the world, the Cooking Blogs teaching me how to make beautiful and delicious food, and then there's the Lifestyle Blogs showing us that we can have it all - everything that we've dreamed of - in one beautiful life. 

Except, my life doesn't look like any of  these blogs, and I'm not sure that I want it to anymore.
I've decided that I want more than a beautiful life - I want a meaningful life.

The greatest value of our lives shouldn't be placed on whether or not it's beautiful.

I'm sure the women who work hard to create these blogs can offer us more than just pretty things.  
What if, as women, we joined together to switch our focus from making our lives more beautiful to making our lives more meaningful?

How would the blogging world be different?

How would the world be different? 








4 comments

  1. How beautifully written! Something we all have to remember, I needed to hear this today. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It can be very easy to become caught up in the menagerie of blogs that exist. It's nice to have a want to have certain things in our lives but we shouldn't drive ourselves crazy trying to obtain it. My hope is that each of us never forget who we really are and what we are really feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I envisioned for the Love the Everyday link up...openness, honesty, and a refreshing change from the perfect life. We need to be able to appreciate the little things that make up our lives and embrace it all...imperfections included!

    ReplyDelete