So Many Books, So Little Time


I love reading books from different genres because it exposes 
me to different writing styles, and I feel like it 
expands my mind and imagination.


I have created a list of books 
that I want to read this year: 
(So no spoilers please.) 
  



 A Mystery: 




We Were Liars

"Haunting, sophisticated . . . a novel so twisty and well-told that it will appeal to older readers as well as to adolescents."--Wall Street Journal



A Classic: 








"The hero-narrator of  THE CATCHER IN THE RYE is an ancient child of sixteen, a native New Yorker named Holden Caulfield. Through circumstances that tend to preclude adult, secondhand description, he leaves his prep school in Pennsylvania and goes underground in New York City for three days. The boy himself is at once too simple and too complex for us to make any final comment about him or his story." - Amazon Overview 






A book for "Young Readers":






"Wonder is essentially ... a wonder. It's well-written, engaging, and so much fun to read that the pages almost turn themselves. More than that, Wonder touches the heart in the most life-affirming, unexpected ways, delivering in August Pullman a character whom readers will remember forever. Do yourself a favor and read this book – your life will be better for it." - Nicholas Sparks, #1 New York Times bestselling author





A Self Help Book:




"Has Fear Become Your Comfort Zone? 

Fear will rob you of peace, joy, and motivation. It will damage your relationships. 

It is the root cause of most problems you face. 
Can you even imagine a life without fear, stress and worry? 
Author and popular life coach Kimberly Giles has created a simple system used by thousands of people around the world to beat fear and live with clarity, confidence and power. When you read Choosing Clarity, you’ll discover Kimberly’s revolutionary process to eliminate your fear of failure and loss, reprogram your subconscious mind and stop living on auto-pilot, feel better about yourself and your life, learn new ways to deal with people and problem, and write personal policies that create success." - Amazon Book Description




An Award Winner: 



"An instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II." -Amazon Overview



As I finish reading these books, 
I'll do reviews of them here on the blog.
I'm so excited to get started.  

... 

Are there any books that you plan on reading this year? 

Or

Are there any that you've read this past year and really enjoyed? 
I  would love to know. 

Thanks!  

6 comments

  1. I read We Were Liars last year. It was good! I will be interested to know what you think of it. I read Catcher a while ago, and I've been wanting to reread it. Maybe this year :) All the Light We Cannot See is on my list, but I can't get in the mood for a WWII saga at the moment. They're usually so depressing. Have you read The Book Thief? That's also a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just finished Catcher last weekend. I liked it, but it's not what I thought it would be.. If that makes sense.
      But no - I haven't read the Book Thief yet. I'll have to add it to my list. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
  2. lovely list! other than catcher in the rye, i haven't read any of these. thanks for sharing!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  3. just finished all the light we cannot see--its slow, but worth it for the end! also, we were liars is on my list too! we will have to talk when we both finish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know All The Light We Cannont See is worth it. I'm actually kinda intimidated to start reading it. ha!
      And I would love talk about We Were Liars when we are done. :)
      I've heard a few mixed reviews.

      Delete
  4. Im so happy i found this!! I just started a "want to read" list and this looks like there are some good ones on here. :)

    ReplyDelete