Quotes about Love and Fear


In my last post about love and fear, I said I would follow up 
with a list of quotes that I've been collecting. 
So... here it is!  
Feel free to Read'em as slow and as many times as you want. 
(I've read them at least fifty times.)   



"There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life." –John Lennon

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and with out fear for newer and richer experience."  -Eleanor Roosevelt 

"drifters are people who dwell in fear and neglect to use their minds to choose their way out. Drifters let other people and situations influence their emotions and they mindlessly react to life with the same old patterns over and over."  -Life Coach Kimberly Giles. 


Fear does not prevent death. It prevents life. 
 -Naguib Mahfouz




image found here



“...to be in a relationship with God is to be loved purely and furiously. And a person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love. . . And so I have come to understand that strength, inner strength, comes from receiving love as much as it comes from giving it.” –Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality 

“The most often repeated commandment in the Bible is 'Do not fear.' It's in there over two hundred times. That means a couple of things, if you think about it. It means we are going to be afraid, and it means we shouldn't let fear boss us around. Before I realized we were supposed to fight fear, I thought of fear as a subtle suggestion in our subconscious designed to keep us safe, or more important, keep us from getting humiliated. And I guess it serves that purpose. But fear isn't only a guide to keep us safe; it's also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life.”
–Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality




Scriptures:




*There is no fear in love, but perfect love 
casteth out fear. (1 John 4:18)

*Look unto me in every thought; 
doubt not, fear not. (D&C 6:36)

*Fear not I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: 
I will strengthen thee; I will help thee. (Isaiah 41:10)

*Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the 

Lord am with you, and will stand by you. (D&C 68:6)

....


Is there anything else that you would add to this list?
I would love to know! 









No comments