Love and Fear


There is a popular blog and Facebook  
page called Humans of New York
Brandon, the man behind the blog, set out to photograph 10,000 New Yorkers, and sometime along the way he started interviewing people and including their quotes with the pictures. 

What I love most about the site is how honest 
and unintentionally poetic people are. 
Brandon has taken these "ordinary" strangers and shown how everyone has an interesting story to tell. Some stories are beautiful, some are poignant, and others almost tragic. The blog is a good reminder that everyone we meet has a history and some unique advice to give. 

As readers we don't usually know what types of questions Brandon has asked. We just get to see how people reply, so it feels like they just happen to be sharing something interesting about their lives with you. I like to read the stories and  guess what questions Brandon had asked them, and I've complied a list of questions I think he most commonly asks:

What was the happiest moment of your life?
What was the worst moment of your life?
What do you remember most about your
 mother from your childhood?
What do you remember most about your 
father from your childhood?
How did you meet your significant other?
 What do you do for a living?
What's your biggest goal in life?
What's your biggest weakness?
If you could give a large group of people advice, 
what would it be?

I thought it would be important to ask myself each of these questions, and while I don't have answers for half of them, there is one that I want to write about today. Which is the question: If you could give a large group of people advice, what would it be? 




I would tell people to live life from a place of love and faith - instead of fear. And more importantly to never make life decisions based on fear. Make them based on love. 

I'm definitely not fearless, and I may have written this 
as more of a reminder to myself than for anyone else to read, because it can be easy to live in fear.

I'm sure that you can think of your own examples of when you or someone you know has made a choice out of fear instead of faith. Maybe you know someone who entered into a marriage not necessarily out of love, but because they were afraid. Or you know someone who hates their job but they won't look for a new one because they're afraid of change.

I know all of us are afraid of something - it's just a part of life.
 But I also know that people who face their fears and
 make life choices out of love and faith are the happiest people.


****

What advice would you give to a large group of people? 


P.S.
In the near future I'm going to make post about all the 
quotes I've collected about love and fear, I hope you'll like them. 

This has been published check it out here.  






No comments