The Truth

When people hear our story, they often remark that I changed J.R.'s life; but the truth is, you can't change other people. All you can do is accept and love them for who they are and be an influence for good in their life, because when it comes down to it, 
that person is the only one who can decide to change.

Love is a powerful influence but in order to feel loved, you first need to feel accepted. The person you are trying to love needs to know that you accept, understand, and value them for who they are. Which includes their past and all of their weaknesses, flaws, mistakes, and bad decisions. They need to know that you love and accept them completely. Which is what happened with J.R. and me.

We accepted each other for who we were.






There is something wonderful that happens when you love someone, you see the best in that person and you want the best for them. There becomes this delicate balance between having complete acceptance of a person, but also conveying your confidence and belief that they can change and develop into the person they want to become. And this is the point I want to stress- you can not (and you should not try) to change or mold someone to become the person that you think they should be. All you can do is be there to support them and show your confidence and belief in them to become who they want to be.







The truth is; I didn't change J.R.'s life, I was only there to 
love and support him while he changed his own life.

Call it luck, coincidence, fate, or destiny but we came into each other's lives at the most beneficial time.

I believe that Heavenly Father knew that I would be the person J.R. needed to help support him as he changed his life, and he would be the person that I needed to help me change my own.
Because, honestly, J.R. influenced 
my life as much as I influenced his. 
 

Photo Credit


He has shown me what it means
to be a true friend.
He taught me that love wasn't something I need to fear,
and what it meant to truly see and fully receive another person.
He has shown me that my heart is capable of love.


The truth is - we changed each other.

He became apart of me, and 
I became apart of him.










No comments