Your value is more than sexual.

My sexuality is an important part of who I am. Sexuality is an important part of being a woman, but it’s not the most important part.

The media portrays women in all sort of different roles, but they are only important if they are sexy and beautiful.  Even worse, in our own society its common for women to be appreciated and admired based solely on their looks.

It has taken me years to overcome the believe that my looks and sexuality are the most important part about being a women, and I just want to share with you a mantra that I tell myself whenever I start to believe society’s lie about women:  

The largest sum of my value does not come from sex. If my sexual appearance diminishes, my value does not diminish. If someone is “sexier” than me, their value does not surpass mine. It is a lie that “a women’s sexuality is what defines her worth.”

I think it’s a message that every women needs to hear, especially teenage girls.


There is an article and a book that I read which helped me to create the above mantra. The article is a talk given by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, “The Moral Force of Women”.

The Moral Force of Women

The book is written by Laura M. Brotherson, "And They Were Not Ashamed: Strengthening Marriage Through Sexual Fulfillment"

A They Were Not Ashamed: Strengthening Marriage Through Sexual Fulfillment.


No comments