Journeying for Joy

May 21st will be mine and J.R.'s second wedding anniversary and we decided to go to Jackson Hole Wyoming to celebrate. 

When we made our reservations we planned on the weather being sunny, but as we got closer to leaving the forecast predicted wet and cold weather.  And even though it rained on us almost the entire time, we still had a ton of fun. 

Rain can be romantic right?

Earlier in the week, before we left for our trip, I read a talk given by Richard G Scott titled, "Finding Joy in Life."
In the talk he asked, "Do you take time to discover each day how beautiful your life can be? ... For this wondrous world in which we live, for the extraordinary beauty our Heavenly Father so freely shares with all who are willing to see. Truly, life is beautiful" 
  
I thought about this on our journey - and it is true. Life is beautiful. 


Richard G Scott continued in his talk by saying, "Sadness, disappointment, and sever challenges are events in life, not life itself. I do not minimize how hard some of these events are... But they should not be allowed to become the confining center of everything you do."

I learned this week that one of the ways to find happiness is to focus on and be grateful for the people and blessing that I have in my life. 

Instead of "being depressed by concentrating on the things I don't have."




I realized how many blessings I have in my life, and each one can help me find happiness - if only I will look for and remember them.  








No comments